Although Halloween is on a Saturday this year (Yay!), many plan to dress up at work. If you are one of them, here’s some “cheesy”, goofy costume ideas for trick-or-treating through the cubicles:
1. A Day Off — Using black lettering, write Oct. 30, 2015 or Nov. 1, 2015 on an orange shirt. When people ask what you are, say, “A day off!”
2. Running Late — Show up to the office with messy hair and disheveled clothes with your pajamas showing underneath.
3. Vending Machine — Dress in black and fasten snacks to yourself with the cost of each item displayed. To be really evil, place an “out of order” sign on the real vending machine and charge your co-workers for your snacks. When they pay, make sure you throw their snacks on the ground as the vending machine does.
4. Office Gossip — Make up fun stories about your co-workers. Fasten the stories to yourself and put the name of your favorite grocery store tabloid on a hat. Hang around the water cooler and invite people to read the latest news.
5. Pink Slip — No one ever wants to be served the dreaded pink slip at work. Wear a pink slip over your work clothes and chase your co-workers.
6. Post-it Note — Wear all yellow. When people say “trick or treat” at your cube, pass out real Post-it notes.
7. Red Tape — Buy red tape and tape it all over your clothes and cubicle. When people ask what you are, make them cut through some red tape to get the answer.
8. Leftover — Wrap yourself in aluminum foil and give yourself an aluminum swan hat. Place a sign on your chest that says, “Anything left after 4PM Friday will be thrown away!”
9. Happy Hour — Wrap a tie around your head and carry around an empty (yes, empty) martini glass with you throughout the day. At 5PM, scream, “Happy hour!”
10. Headhunter — Carry a mannequin or doll head around with you, holding it by the hair.
Can you think of more last minute costume ideas to add to this list?