We know it’s only the day after Christmas and for some of you, it probably feels like you just cut down your tree. For others, you may be ready to disassemble and pack away the Holiday decor until next year.
If you have a “real” tree, we encourage you to dispose of it correctly and take it to one of the many recycling sites around Indianapolis and the surrounding cities. These trees will be mulched and re-used in other areas such as city parks.
Be sure to remove all decor, lights, and tree bags from the tree and take it to any of the following places.
- Broad Ripple Park, 1610 Broad Ripple Ave., front entrance
- Ellenberger Park, 5301 E. St. Clair St., main parking lot
- Garfield Park, 2450 S. Shelby St., Arts Center Parking Lot
- Krannert Park, 605 S. High School Road, north parking lot
- Northwestway Park, 5253 W. 62nd St., near the recycling bins
- Perry Park, 451 E. Stop 11 Road, soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park, 2420 N. Riverside Drive, tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park, 6801 E. 91st St., soccer field parking lot
SustainIndy and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. are offering the 8th annual Post-Holiday Recycling Event on January 11 from 10am – 2pm. Aside from recycling your Christmas tree, you may also recycle gift boxes, cardboard boxes, styrofoam, old electronics, magazines & catalogs.
Fishers (until Feb 1st):
- Brooks School Park, 11780 Brooks School Road
- Cumberland Park, 10580 Cumberland Road
- Roy G. Holland Memorial Park, 1 Park Drive
Johnson County (until January 11th):
- Center Grove High School, 2717 S. Morgantown Road, near the tennis courts
- Johnson County Fairgrounds, 250 Fairground St., Franklin, near the Purdue Extension Office
- Indian Creek Intermediate School, 1000 S. Indian Creek Dr., Trafalgar, near the teachers’ parking lot
- McCarty Mulch, 100 Bluffdale, Greenwood
- Curbside pickup will be offered in GREENWOOD through January.
Hendricks County (until January 13th):
- Brownsburg Yard Waste Recycling Center, 90 Mardale Drive, Brownsburg
- Plainfield Yard Waste Recycling Center, 7020 South CR 875 East, Plainfield
Free Christmas tree pickup is available curbside on your regular trash days in CARMEL beginning January 1st and WESTFIELD will off curbside pick-up of trees through mid-January.
After dropping off your tree, here’s how to clean your Christmas Tree Skirt. Or you can drop it off with us here. We’ll clean and press it so it’s ready to be packed up for next year.
Happy New Year!